FNESS staff provides support to First Nations communities during response to emergency events, and FNESS Emergency Management team members play a valuable role as advisors, liaisons, and advocates between various agencies and organizations and for First Nations communities. EM support services include, but are not limited to:
- Providing leadership in any role within PECC, PREOC, or any First Nations community EOC during Provincial emergencies.
- Providing advisory services – including prevention, mitigation, response, recovery, emergency social services and including First Nations leadership and governance.
- Providing liaison services - on behalf of First Nations communities and between various agencies, organizations and industry.
FNESS Emergency Management team members provide support to communities to enhance the recovery process, and to “build back better” as part of their individual recovery plans. FNESS takes into consideration the unique cultural, traditions, the environment and community needs as a part of their customized recovery support services. Recovery support services include, but are not limited to:
- After Action review
- Corrective action planning
- Training needs assessment