Department of Indigenous Services Canada (DISC)

FNESS Forest Fuel Management Department accessed funding to support On – Reserve Operational Fuel Treatment projects and can contribute a maximum of 90% of the cost of eligible activities up to $57,690.00 in funding per First Nation. The remainder (10%) is required to be funded through community contributions. Sixteen (16) First Nations communities will be eligible for funding up to $5,769.00 per hectare all-inclusive with a minimum of 10 hectares per project. The funding announcement went out Monday May 28th, 2018 to First Nations communities with a deadline of June 29th, 2018 for submissions.  Applications will be approved by July 20, 2018.

Wildland Firefighting Training *Seats still available

The First Nations Emergency Services Society (FNESS) will be delivering a First Nations’ Wildland Firefighter Training Program. We are inviting your community to select 5 trainees to take part in 6 days of training. Training is scheduled to start March 25, 2019 in Bonaparte.

 We have room for 20 students from 4 communities.  We will accept the first 4 communities who register their students by the deadline of Feb 22, 2019, with completed forms.

 Communities/Participants are responsible for providing their own travel, meals and accommodations to attend the training.

 Please fill out the attached form and return to FNESS by 4:00 p.m. on February 22, 2019 *SEATS STILL AVAILABLE

Bonaparte FN Wildland Firefighting Training (445 KB)

Firefighter Information Form (320 KB)


 

Map


Additional Resources